Subject: bug#78658: 30.1; [PATCH] Dired feature suggestion: dired-on-marked-files-in-all-buffers

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2025 23:49:43 +1200

On 2025-06-01 18:10, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> +      (dired (cons "/" files))
> 
> Why "/"?  It sounds arbitrary.  Also non-portable; use
> 
>   (expand-file-name "/")
> 
> instead.

Thanks Eli.  I'm pretty fuzzy on the whole portability aspect of these
things, and have only GNU/Linux systems to test on, so I'm sure I'll
get things wrong.  Hopefully they'll all be similarly straightforward
to resolve.

I'd used "/" at the time because the code was dealing only with the
absolute paths, so it wasn't arbitrary as such; but now that there's
additional code to figure out a common subdirectory (if any), there's
no need for a hard-coded value like that.

-Phil