Subject: build error emacs git on termux-proot

From: badli al rashid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2025 11:04:17 +0800

hi,

my emacs build fail today. Yesterday version was fine as i have just change
to gcc from clang. i tried to build again but i got an error message.

repository revision
git rev-parse HEAD

git rev-parse HEADc3d9581f84107c2e137c71bb8fbf386bc20c944c

uname -a
Linux localhost 6.2.1-PRoot-Distro #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 28 06:18:07 UTC
2025 aarch64 GNU/Linux

cat /etc/debian_version                                         13.0
gcc --version     gcc (Debian 14.2.0-19) 14.2.0                 Copyright
(C) 2024 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
       This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO                  warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

build error message

dispnew.c:7558: error: expected ‘{’ at end of input
                 dispnew.c:7558: warning: control reaches end of non-void
function [-Wreturn-type]           make[2]: *** [Makefile:444: dispnew.o]
Error 1make[2]: Leaving directory '/emacs.git/src'
                  make[1]: *** [Makefile:546: src] Error 2      make[1]:
Leaving directory '/root/emacs.git'  make[1]: Entering directory
'/emacs.git' ***                                           *** "make all"
failed with exit status 2.     ***
 *** You could try to:                         *** - run "make bootstrap",
which might fix the problem                                     *** - run
"make V=1", which displays the full commands invoked by make,
       ***   to further investigate the problem      ***
                       make[1]: *** [Makefile:410: advice-on-failure] Error
2                                      make[1]: Leaving directory
'/emacs.git'  make: *** [Makefile:366: all] Error 2

Sent from Gmail