Subject: Installer crash when completing partitioning (installer-dump-99650b2a)

From: "Athena L. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2025 00:17:13 -0400

I fought with the partitioner for a while -- it refused to use all the 
available space for / -- and eventually, after several exits and reentries of 
the partitioner, when I selected OK the installer died and restarted. The 
crash didn't reoccur.

The installer debug dump feature gave me the filename installer-dump-99650b2a. 
I included all of the dump files and did not edit any of them.

This was a test installation in a QEMU 10.0.0 VM run with the following 
command:

qemu-system-x86_64 -machine q35 -accel kvm -smp 2 -m 4G -name Guix -boot 
order=dc -hda disk0.qcow2 -cdrom guix.iso -device virtio-net,netdev=n1 -netdev 
user,id=n1 -bios ovmf.bin -smbios 
type=0,vendor=0vendor,version=0version,date=0date,release=0.0,uefi=on

(All newlines in the command are spaces.)

guix.iso is the Guix System 1.4.0 x86_64 DVD image. I honestly couldn't say 
exactly where ovmf.bin came from but it probably doesn't matter; the point is, 
the VM was booted via UEFI.

disk0.qcow2 was used with a previous run of the installer, where it was too 
small (8GiB). I resized the image to 16GiB with qemu-img before I booted the 
installer again.

QEMU and Linux are Void Linux's builds. Linux is Void's version 6.12.30_2.