Subject: 30.1; Doc string of `setq-local'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2025 20:54:26 +0000

The doc string doesn't say what buffer the buffer-local value is set in.

The Elisp manual correctly says this:

   This macro creates a buffer-local binding
   in the current buffer
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This key info is missing from the doc string.  There's no way to pass
the buffer or its name as an argument, so you need to be in the buffer
whose local value you want to set.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2025-02-23 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.26100
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.26100.4061)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2
 prefix=/g/rel/install/emacs-30.1'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252