Subject: bug#78633: closed (Re: bug#78633: 31.0.50; tramp-find-executable ignores argument dirlist)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2025 10:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#78633: 31.0.50; tramp-find-executable ignores argument dirlist

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
78633: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=78633
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#78633: 31.0.50; tramp-find-executable ignores argument dirlist
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Xinyang Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2025 12:36:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Xinyang Chen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

> Tramp is not finding `ls` from a non-standard path added to
> `tramp-remote-path`.

Thanks for the bug report!

> On further inspection `tramp-find-executable` is using `command -pv`
> which only uses a pre-defined PATH and not the PATH env variable. I
> think `command -v` should be used instead.

Indeed. I've fixed this in master, closing the bug.

> Alan

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 31.0.50; tramp-find-executable ignores argument dirlist
From: Xinyang Chen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2025 13:43:28 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tramp is not finding `ls` from a non-standard path added to
`tramp-remote-path`.

On further inspection `tramp-find-executable` is using `command -pv` which
only uses a pre-defined PATH and not the PATH env variable. I think
`command -v` should be used instead.

Alan