Subject: Re: bug#78601: [PATCH] Add tool-bar icons to package-menu-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2025 09:23:42 +0300

> From: Elijah Gabe Pérez <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2025 20:00:10 -0600
> 
> >> I am not familiar with GTK as a developer, but if the toolkit already
> >> provides some system to load pre-bundled icons, that sounds like the
> >> preferable solution.
> >
> > Agreed.  Using platform icons is always preferable, at least as the
> > default.
> 
> I found a few icons that match these new ones.
> 
> This is what it looks like now:

Thanks.  Those icons seem to be black-and-white?  If so, are our
facilities for customizing these icons convenient enough to allow PGTK
users who want that to switch to our icons instead?

Btw, why should the GTK icons be only used by the PGTK build? cannot
the GTK build use them as well?