Subject: bug#78601: [PATCH] Add tool-bar icons to package-menu-mode

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2025 11:48:44 +0000

Elijah Gabe Pérez <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> As we are not using icons provided by the icon theme of the desktop
>>> environment, which in my case should be
>>> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/adwaita-icon-theme, there is a visual
>>> mismatch that some people might find irritating, but that is nothing new
>>> with Emacs.
>>
>> Are there icons in that theme that could serve the needs of
>> package-menu-mode?  If so, we could offer them as an alternative, when
>> that desktop is in use.
>
> Another solution I can think of is to find a good GTK stock icon, add
> their name to `x-gtk-stock-map` along with these new icons, so it stays
> (mostly) consistent.

I am not familiar with GTK as a developer, but if the toolkit already
provides some system to load pre-bundled icons, that sounds like the
preferable solution.