Subject: Re: bug#78601: [PATCH] Add tool-bar icons to package-menu-mode

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2025 21:52:52 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ping!  Would someone please try these icons and report?  I feel
> uncomfortable installing new icons without some feedback from others.

I don't know what I should report back on, seeing as I don't use the
tool-bar myself, but I have added a screenshot in case it might help
anyone else evaluate the change.

The only comment I can make on the UX is that I find it surprising that
the icons disappear in the *Help* buffer describing the package, but I
get that adding them in the right place and the right time is tricky...
It is just that the idea of invoking `package-browse-url' by selecting
the right line in the package-list buffer (without opening the *Help*
buffer), and then selecting the button in the tool-bar is not an
interaction that seems intuitive to me.

>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 31 May 2025 14:35:36 +0300
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> > From: Elijah Gabe Pérez <[email-masked]>
>> > Date: Mon, 26 May 2025 21:04:25 -0600
>> 
>> Thanks.
>> 
>> Would people please try this and report whether they like these new
>> icons?
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>