Subject: bug#78562: Coreutils-9.7 do not build on macOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6, because src/cksum.c: uses invalid cpu feature string for builtin

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2025 13:39:26 +0200

> Am 29.05.2025 um 13:08 schrieb Pádraig Brady <[email-masked]>:
> 
> Since this is for an optional performance enhancement,
> you should be able to bypass this build issue with:
> 
>  ./configure utils_cv_avx512_pclmul_intrinsic_exists=no ...

Performed:

	Executing:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_macports-ports_sysutils_coreutils-devel/coreutils-devel/work/coreutils-9.7.39-c8d75" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-silent-rules --program-prefix=g --with-openssl=no --disable-year2038 utils_cv_avx512_pclmul_intrinsic_exists=no 

> 
> You might have to also disable other intrinsics, as listed by:
> 
>  grep CACHE.*utils_cv.*intrins configure.ac

Produces the same as before:

	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_vmull_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_pclmul_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_avx2_pclmul_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_avx512_pclmul_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_avx2_intrinsic_exists],[

Build results in: SUCCESS.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It is so hot in some places that the people there have to live in other places.