Subject: bug#78562: Coreutils-9.7 do not build on macOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6, because src/cksum.c: uses invalid cpu feature string for builtin

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2025 13:20:38 +0200

> Am 29.05.2025 um 13:08 schrieb Pádraig Brady <[email-masked]>:
> 
> OK that does suggest the configure test isn't sufficient here
> (Nor the patch to that I sent previously).

I built *without* it, assuming the updated sources would contain it. Should I try again *with* your patch applied?

> You might have to also disable other intrinsics, as listed by:
> 
>  grep CACHE.*utils_cv.*intrins configure.ac

From last failed build:

	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_vmull_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_pclmul_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_avx2_pclmul_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_avx512_pclmul_intrinsic_exists],[
	AC_CACHE_VAL([utils_cv_avx2_intrinsic_exists],[

I'm going to perform a "./configure utils_cv_avx512_pclmul_intrinsic_exists=no ..."…

--
Greetings

  Pete

"A TRUE Klingon warrior does not comment his code."