Subject: Re: bug#78561: [PATCH] Add semantic linefeed support for paragraph filling

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2025 09:49:30 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> (setq-local fill-paragraph-function 'fill-paragraph-semlf)
>
> or this
>
> (setq-local fill-paragraph-function 'fill-region-as-paragraph-semlf)

BTW, when the discussion started, few knew what "semantic line breaks"
were.  The new function names shorten the term to "semlf".  I tried to
search the Internet for "semlf" and I found only this thread and the
Emacs package discussed here.  Is there a good reason for shortening
`semantic-line-breaks' to `semlf' here?

Rudy
-- 
"The whole science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday
thinking."  --- Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
http://adamkovic.org