Subject: [bug#78550] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add go-mtpfs.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2025 18:08:31 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the patch.

The project looks like abandoned in GitHub, no updates for the last 6y.
It's the latest commit:
<https://github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs/commit/42254b1935eb89625d0c8b61bb8128db2cd3c22f>

One note on package placment:
- go-mtpfs this may go to (gnu packages file-systems) to prevent
importing golang-xyz into lower level module.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+      (description "These are CGO bindings for libusb")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
It might be not enought for a description, please compile at least a
whole sentence ending with dot (full stop ".") and try to apply
'guix lint' it will highlight issues like that.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+      (native-inputs (list pkg-config))
+      (arguments
+       (list
+        #:tests? #f ;no tests
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
There are tests  <https://github.com/hanwen/usb/blob/master/usb_test.go>

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (arguments
+     (list
+      #:tests? #f ;no tests
+      #:import-path "github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
There are tests, please try to run them and provide some feedback in
comment why they failed and disabled.

You may send v2 to <https://codeberg.org/guix/guix> as a PR.

--
Thanks,
Oleg