Subject: [bug#78547] [PATCH v2 2/2] news: Add entry for Codeberg migration.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2025 14:10:50 +0200

Hello Ludo; thank you for all the switching effort.

I will not merge Weblate translations before making the URL replacements
on Weblate as well.

Could you add this German translation?

        (title
         (en "Guix source code repository moved to Codeberg")
         (de "Repository mit Guix’ Quellcode ist auf Codeberg umgezogen"))
        (body
         (en "The canonical URL of the Guix repository is now
@url{https://git.guix.gnu.org/guix.git}.

No action is needed on your side: @command{guix pull} will now automatically
fetch from the new URL, unless your @file{channels.scm} files refer to the
former URL; in that case, you are encouraged to update it, though the former
URL at @code{git.savannah.gnu.org} will remain valid for at least one
year.

It is now possible to report bugs and to propose changes using the issue and
pull-request mechanisms at @url{https://codeberg.org/guix/guix}.  The
@email{bug-guix@@gnu.org} and @email{guix-patches@@gnu.org} mailing lists
remain available, including for new bugs and patches, until December 31st,
2025.

Guix Consensus Document (GCD) 002, which is the result of community
consensus-building, documents the motivation, choices, and open issues of this
migration to Codeberg:
@url{https://codeberg.org/guix/guix-consensus-documents/src/branch/main/002-codeberg.md}.")
         (de "Die kanonische URL von Guix’ Repository ist jetzt
@url{https://git.guix.gnu.org/guix.git}.

Sie müssen dazu nichts tun: @command{guix pull} wird jetzt automatisch Code von
der neuen URL beziehen, außer wenn Ihre @file{channels.scm}-Dateien auf die alte
URL verweisen.  In diesem Fall rufen wir Sie dazu auf, sie zu aktualisieren,
obwohl die alte URL unter @code{git.savannah.gnu.org} noch mindestens ein Jahr
gültig bleiben wird.

Sie haben jetzt die Möglichkeit, den Pull-Request-Mechanismus unter
@url{https://codeberg.org/guix/guix} zu nutzen, um Fehler zu melden und
Änderungen vorzuschlagen.  Die Mailing-Listen @email{bug-guix@@gnu.org} und
@email{guix-patches@@gnu.org} bleiben erhalten und Sie können bis zum 31.
Dezember 2025 auch neue Fehlerberichte und Patches dorthin schicken.

Im Guix Consensus Document (GCD) 002, das die Gemeinde im Konsens entschieden
hat, ist dokumentiert, welche Motivation, Wahlmöglichkeiten und ungelöste
Probleme den Umzug auf Codeberg begleiten:
@url{https://codeberg.org/guix/guix-consensus-documents/src/branch/main/002-codeberg.md}.")))

Regards,
Florian