Subject: [bug#78547] [PATCH] maint: Change main repository URL to git.guix.gnu.org.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2025 11:14:20 +0200

Hi Ahmad,

Ahmad Draidi <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think this patch should be applied ASAP so that there's a few days
> gap between the migration to codeberg and the URL change (this
> patch). I think this way, in case of issues, the cause would be easier
> to isolate.

Agreed (I initially proposed this change back in February but there was
no consensus on implementing it before we knew the outcome of the GCD
002 process: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76296>.)

> As for the news entries, maybe there should be 2? One for the new URL,
> and one for the codeberg migration added on the 25th.
>
> The URL change is kind of like the Guix project taking control of the
> git URL, I think. This is visible to users. The codeberg migration is
> mostly visible to contributors.

Yes, you’re right, but news entries need to be associated with a commit,
so I lean towards amalgamating the two changes, as is done in the
proposed news entry that I sent (and which I’ll apply on Sunday).

Thanks,
Ludo’.