Subject: Re: bug#78543: 29.2; checkdoc misses some CL (cl-lib) constructs.

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2025 10:56:19 -0400

>> ```
>> (cl-defun funky-keys (&key ((:this that) 42) &aux (the-beast 666))
>>     "Do something with THAT (passed via :THIS)"
>>     ...
>>     )
>> ```

FWIW, I consider this `(:this that)` of CL's keyword args to be
a misfeature, so I'm happy for Emacs to behave suboptimally here, tho
I'd prefer for cl-lib to stop supporting it.

> Also, I believe that THE-BEAST should
> indeed be mentioned in the doc string.

Why?  It's not part of the function's exposed interface.
It's just a weird way to define a local variable.

I also find this `&aux` thingy to be a misfeature in CL, which we
usually shouldn't support [ tho currently it's admittedly handy at
times in `cl-defstruct` constructors.  ], so I'm not sure it's worth
complicating checkdoc for it.

        Stefan