Subject: Re: bug#78509: Coreutils' mv and cp 9.5 do not work properly on old PPC Mac OS X 10.4.11, Tiger

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2025 15:40:13 +0200

After returning home 'make check' is frozen at:

	PASS: tests/cp/cp-parents.sh
	FAIL: tests/cp/debug.sh
	FAIL: tests/cp/deref-slink.sh
	PASS: tests/cp/dir-rm-dest.sh
	PASS: tests/cp/dir-slash.sh
	PASS: tests/cp/dir-vs-file.sh
	PASS: tests/cp/existing-perm-dir.sh

The directory .../tests/cp has (a bit edited):

	-rw-r--r-- 1 macports admin  6687 Mai 22 14:21 existing-perm-race.log
	-rw-r--r-- 1 macports admin  6194 Mai 22 14:21 existing-perm-dir.log
	-rw-r--r-- 1 macports admin    82 Mai 22 14:21 existing-perm-dir.trs
	-rwxr-xr-x 1 macports admin  2882 Mai 22 13:02 existing-perm-race.sh
	-rwxr-xr-x 1 macports admin  1736 Mai 22 13:02 file-perm-race.sh
	-rwxr-xr-x 1 macports admin  1052 Jan  7 13:36 existing-perm-dir.sh
	-rwxr-xr-x 1 macports admin  2007 Jan  7 13:36 fail-perm.sh

You can see that the untouched test shell scripts have an old date and two test shell scripts are younger, probably patched recently. Nevertheless 'make check' got stuck – I'll remove that test from Makefile for next try (when I'll also check whether two patched test shell scripts are reset).

--

Greetings

  Pete

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak."