Subject: Error output from `guix pull`

From: David C Norris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2025 00:24:14 +0000

david@forschung:~$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
guix https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 450a361
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
|substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
-substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
bash-minimal-5.1.16-doc 300KiB 26.4MiB/s 00:00 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
glibc-2.39-static 1.4MiB 9KiB/s 02:40 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
graphviz-minimal-7.0.1-doc 971KiB 99KiB/s 00:10 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
gcc-toolchain-11.4.0-static 608B 559KiB/s 00:00 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
glibc-2.39-debug 19.1MiB 182KiB/s 00:49 ▕████████▏ ▏ 45./Backtrace:
14 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/vww9gl3swvdr7ldrhhmxmnc2h1iw1m30-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
155:9 13 (_ _)
159:9 12 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In guix/store.scm:
2212:24 9 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0> #<procedure 7fe4b63c79b0 at guix/self.scm:138?> ?)
2040:8 8 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0>)
In guix/gexp.scm:
300:22 7 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0>)
1231:2 6 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0>)
1098:2 5 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0>)
939:4 4 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0>)
In guix/store.scm:
2097:12 3 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0>)
1434:5 2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0> #<procedure 7fe4adc24140 at guix/store?> ?)
1450:15 1 (_ #<store-connection 256.100 7fe4c3ebc0a0> ("/gnu/store/gw9qf7ih6dgdmbslcrp2wsfqzc68972v-guix-daem?" ?) ?)
1450:15 0 (loop #f)

guix/store.scm:1450:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
1. &store-protocol-error:
message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation `/gnu/store/v5ch9d15g7s80vnih7v0xnv9zvcmykgp-gcc-toolchain-11.4.0.drv' failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build derivation from source "
status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/vww9gl3swvdr7ldrhhmxmnc2h1iw1m30-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "450a361532573a02389530a6a80b7821683ed41b"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "5f5d84beccc180f1b51474c0e47eb6e0d0c9175f"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/mail/home) secure email.