Subject: Re: [bug#78502] [PATCH 3/3] gnu: Add ring-racers.

From: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2025 00:06:58 -0400

On 5/21/25 1:03a, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:>> +      #~(list 
"-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO='-O3 -g -DNDEBUG'"
>> +              "-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO='-O3 -g -DNDEBUG'"
>> +              "-DSRB2_CONFIG_DEV_BUILD=OFF"
>> +              "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo")
> There is a #:build-type flag to do that last thing.  Why are we setting
> the other flags?

I wrote this part of the definition a few months ago, but it seems like 
I was copying the flags set for a release version of the package as 
defined in the repository's CMakePresets.json[1]. On review, it appears 
the last two settings are redundant with Guix and the package's 
defaults, so I'll remove them next version.

>> +     "Dr. Robotnik’s Ring Racers is a technical kart racing game
>> drawing
>> +inspiration from ``anti-grav'' racers, fighting games, and
>> traditional-style
>> +kart racing.  Designed to minimize randomness and emphasize player
>> expression,
>> +Ring Racers about more than precise handling—you’ll need to master
>> tense
>> +combat, resource management, and taking risks under pressure.")
>> +    (license license:gpl2+)))
> Less ad-speak would be nice, but we definitely should fix the second
> sentence, which at least I myself can't parse.

Indeed. I'll revise it.

[1] https://git.srb2.org/KartKrew/RingRacers/-/blob/master/CMakePresets.json