Subject: bug#78493: 30.1.90; dired-listing-switches "-hail --group-directories-first" fumbles filename ending with `:'

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2025 20:02:51 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> My experimental environment with quicklisp and ecl inferior-lisp-program complained as follows:
>> 
>> 
>> Compiling file /u/van/src/emacs-30.1.90/lisp/dired.el at Sat May 24 22:20:32 2025
>> Entering directory ‘/u/van/src/emacs-30.1.90/lisp/’
>> dired.el:848:19: Error: Wrong number of arguments: when-let, 1
>
> I don't see such an error.
>
>> Is there a setting to tell emacs lisp to byte compile in the experimental environment?
>
> What do you mean by "experimental environment", and how does it
> different from the "normal" Emacs environment?

In addition to quicklisp and ecl, the experimental environment has
packages and customizations for comfort.  I was able to install
quicklisp from the shell's sbcl prompt, but inside the Emacs environment
in slime-mode the sbcl gets stuck on calling `~/.sbclrc' whereas ecl
runs to completion.  The "experimental environment" has the ecl and
quicklisp components loaded in slime-mode.

A fragment of the customization relevant to the inferior-lisp-program context is,

  (setopt
   eshell-prefer-lisp-variables t
   eshell-prefer-lisp-functions t
  
   inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/ecl --norc"
   common-lisp-hyperspec-root
   "/u/van/lib/doc/lisp/HyperSpec-7-0/HyperSpec/"
   common-lisp-hyperspec-symbol-table
   "/u/van/lib/doc/lisp/HyperSpec-7-0/HyperSpec/Data/Map_Sym.txt"
  
   slime-lisp-implementations
   '((ecl ("/usr/local/bin/ecl"))
     (clisp ("/usr/pkg/bin/clisp"))
     (sbcl ("/usr/pkg/bin/sbcl") :coding-system utf-8-unix))
   slime-default-lisp 'ecl
   slime-contribs '(slime-fancy))
  
Sorry about the tangent.  Maybe, I need to track down imbalanced braces
in my configuration, that could be the cause for why emacs lisp byte
compile complains.

-- 
vl