Subject: bug#78492: closed (Re: bug#78492: [PATCH] 31.0.50; eglot.el does not support pyrefly LSP server (python))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2025 11:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#78492: [PATCH] 31.0.50; eglot.el does not support pyrefly LSP server (python)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
78492: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=78492
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#78492: [PATCH] 31.0.50; eglot.el does not support pyrefly LSP server (python)
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2025 14:56:13 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 19 May 2025 10:04:18 +0200
> 
> Hey everyone.
> 
> There's a new, fast combined type-checker and LSP-server available for Python called "pyrefly". The source can be found here:
> https://github.com/facebook/pyrefly
> 
> Currently it's not possible to use this LSP-server with eglot, due to missing configuration.
> 
> Attached is a patch which fixes this.

Thanks, installed on the emacs-30 branch (will be merged to master in
a couple of days), and closing the bug.

Subject: [PATCH] 31.0.50; eglot.el does not support pyrefly LSP server (python)
From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2025 10:04:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey everyone.

There's a new, fast combined type-checker and LSP-server available for Python called "pyrefly". The source can be found here:
https://github.com/facebook/pyrefly

Currently it's not possible to use this LSP-server with eglot, due to missing configuration.

Attached is a patch which fixes this.

--
Kind regards
Jostein

￼

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 5, aarch64-apple-darwin24.4.0, NS
 appkit-2575.50 Version 15.4.1 (Build 24E263)) of 2025-05-11 built on
 SOK67R3KWV97
Repository revision: 72ec1c2da4e6108175fc93e33ec92eec4bd1296e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2575
System Description:  macOS 15.4.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-tree-sitter --with-native-compilation
 --with-imagemagick --with-harfbuzz
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Elisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  pyvenv-tracking-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  highlight-symbol-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  indent-bars-mode: t
  completion-preview-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  all-the-icons-completion-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  global-nlinum-mode: t
  nlinum-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/modus-themes-20250220.647/theme-loaddefs
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20250301.2218/transient hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/transient
/Users/josteink/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /Users/josteink/build/emacs/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt whitespace js toml-ts-mode
dockerfile-ts-mode yaml-ts-mode magit-patch magit-subtree
magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util shr-color textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping uni-confusable textsec-check network-stream
url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth sql view em-unix em-term term
ehelp em-script em-prompt em-pred em-ls em-hist em-glob em-extpipe
em-cmpl em-dirs em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode esh-var macros
consult-imenu tabify conf-mode make-mode json-ts-mode ido rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok dired-aux goto-addr
git-rebase magit-extras vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view vc bug-reference misearch multi-isearch csharp-mode c-ts-common
cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode git-commit
log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode benchmark magit-git
magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm llama markdown-mode
edit-indirect pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-opt esh-io
esh-arg esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util help-fns radix-tree pet
let-alist elec-pair vc-git vc-dispatcher pulse disp-table oc-basic
ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
org-agenda elisp-slime-nav etags fileloop paredit highlight-symbol
flycheck indent-bars-ts indent-bars cus-edit cus-start cus-load
face-remap color powershell eglot tree-widget external-completion
jsonrpc flymake diff ert ewoc debug backtrace completion-preview
hideshow eww vtable url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml
puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range wid-edit mm-util
mail-prsvr tramp trampver tramp-integration tramp-message tramp-compat
shell parse-time iso8601 tramp-loaddefs imenu ob-plantuml delsel
autorevert filenotify embark-org org-element org-persist org-id
org-refile org-element-ast inline avl-tree org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie executable
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs
bicep-ts-mode editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch embark-consult consult bookmark embark ffap
orderless all-the-icons-completion marginalia vertico nlinum linum
use-package-bind-key bind-key server hl-line pixel-scroll cua-base
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path
f s dash nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data
nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon nerd-icons-data-codicon
nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon nerd-icons-data-wicon
nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicon
nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon dracula-theme
use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf
all-the-icons-completion-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads
bicep-ts-mode-autoloads bmx-mode-autoloads cargo-autoloads
cmake-mode-autoloads color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads
combobulate-autoloads combobulate-go combobulate-json combobulate-yaml
combobulate-css combobulate-js-ts combobulate-python combobulate-html
combobulate-toml combobulate-cursor multiple-cursors
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more sgml-mode facemenu dom
thingatpt mc-cycle-cursors multiple-cursors-core advice compile
text-property-search time-date comp comp-cstr cl-extra help-mode
warnings comp-run comp-common rect combobulate-query savehist xref
files-x scheme combobulate-ui transient pp format-spec edmacro kmacro
combobulate-display combobulate-ztree combobulate-envelope
combobulate-manipulation python rx project compat comint ansi-osc ring
ansi-color combobulate-procedure combobulate-navigation combobulate-misc
combobulate-setup tempo combobulate-interface combobulate-settings
diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode treesit generator combobulate-rules
company-autoloads copilot-mode-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads
dap-mode-autoloads bui-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads
doom-themes-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads elisp-slime-nav-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads
consult-autoloads embark-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads highlight-symbol-autoloads indent-bars-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase magit-section-autoloads llama-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads modus-themes-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads nlinum-autoloads
orderless-autoloads paredit-autoloads pet-autoloads poetry-autoloads
powershell-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads
spinner-autoloads transient-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads
pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads
dash-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads queue-autoloads vertico-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads info with-editor-autoloads wsd-mode-autoloads
yaml-autoloads package browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2447555 344847) (symbols 48 66002 446)
 (strings 32 489686 14498) (string-bytes 1 14263771)
 (vectors 16 207782) (vector-slots 8 2952963 361044)
 (floats 8 6404 19011) (intervals 56 167341 9068) (buffers 1064 146))