Subject: bug#78489: 30.1.50; Using etags, Ada and xref-find-definitions doesn't find definitions

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2025 05:33:25 +0300

> From: Troy Brown <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 26 May 2025 16:13:19 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Thu, May 22, 2025 at 7:31 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > I can propose the patch below instead.  Could you please see if it
> > solves your problems with Ada tags?
> 
> In the testing I've done, this patch works correctly and addresses the
> original problem reported.  However, as I explored this a bit further
> I discovered another issue that involves completion.  After typing
> 'Displ' and then `M-x completion-at-point`, the tag including the
> suffix is completed (i.e., "Display_Message/p" is inserted into the
> buffer, instead of just "Display_Message").

That's how completion on Ada tags worked back when we used etags.el
instead of Xref, so I consider this not to be a regression.  If you
think otherwise, please explain why, or show a recipe which behaves
differently in Emacs 24 and before.

Thanks.