Subject: bug#78474: 31.0.50; Wrong char insertion in rxvt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 17:17:43 +0300

> Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 16:04:43 +0200
> From: Seb Hinderer <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked],
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I apologize in advance if my question is stupid, I have been able to
> follow the discussion only from afar.
> 
> Is the proposed solution going to work out of the box, or is theuser who
> will need it going to have to enable it and what we are discussing is
> how easy it will be for that user to discover how?

The user will need to customize the option to disable the use of tabs.

We plan on describing the option in the Emacs user manual, in a
special section dedicated to accessibility-related features.  I hope
this will be discoverable enough.