Subject: Re: bug#78474: 31.0.50; Wrong char insertion in rxvt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2025 14:26:13 +0300

> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2025 20:27:17 +0200
> From: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> > > They are fully part of the discussion, because that changes what is
> > > actually supposed to be stored in the terminal, and thus what the
> > > accessibility feature is supposed to expose to the user: should it
> > > expose a tab, or spaces. But if a tab, then how can the cursor be inside
> > > the tab when emitting \t\b. That's the *whole* problem at stake.
> > 
> > So you are saying that even using cursor movement commands could cause
> > problems,
> 
> The problem is that some people consider \t as not being only a cursor
> movement. That's the whole point of the question raised above.

I'm talking about cursor movement using "left" and "right" escape
sequences.  If they also store something other than SPCes, they will
cause similar problems to screen readers, no?