Subject: Re: bug#78474: 31.0.50; Wrong char insertion in rxvt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2025 14:27:31 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Seb Hinderer <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 16:27:16 +0200
> 
>     Eli> It isn't a feature of the console, I think, it's a feature of the
>     Eli> keyboard input subsystem.
> 
> All the systems I use have a way to turn on a 'sticky keys' or similar
> feature. But theyʼre all different, and I access different Emacs
> running on different target systems from different source systems. So
> it would be nice if there was a way to enable it in Emacs instead of
> changing the configuration of the system where I happen to be typing
> from.

I think we will only be able to implement this when the raw-key events
feature is installed?  because otherwise, how can we detect the Shift
or Ctrl or Alt keypress, to change state?  Or what am I missing?