Subject: Re: bug#78474: 31.0.50; Wrong char insertion in rxvt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 19:00:40 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 18:58:06 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> 
> > Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 17:47:37 +0200
> > From: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
> > 	[email-masked]
> > 
> > > > That does not exist in terminals, only in graphical sessions
> > > 
> > > How come?  Screen readers should announce themselves quite prominently
> > > to any system, so I'd be very surprised to hear that they are
> > > invisible on Linux terminals.
> > 
> > They really are, since they just read the content from /dev/vcsa.
> 
> OK, but the reader itself is a program that is loaded into memory,
> right?  Can those programs be detected somehow?  Do they leave some
> traces somewhere on the system?  E.g., if those programs have known
> names, we could scan the processes running on the system and look for
> them, if no better method exists.

Or maybe some completely indirect indication, not directly related to
screen-readers.  For example, is there an indication that the user
activated some accessibility features?