Subject: Re: bug#78474: 31.0.50; Wrong char insertion in rxvt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 18:58:06 +0300

> Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 17:47:37 +0200
> From: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> > > That does not exist in terminals, only in graphical sessions
> > 
> > How come?  Screen readers should announce themselves quite prominently
> > to any system, so I'd be very surprised to hear that they are
> > invisible on Linux terminals.
> 
> They really are, since they just read the content from /dev/vcsa.

OK, but the reader itself is a program that is loaded into memory,
right?  Can those programs be detected somehow?  Do they leave some
traces somewhere on the system?  E.g., if those programs have known
names, we could scan the processes running on the system and look for
them, if no better method exists.