Subject: bug#78466: 30.1; reveal-mode and org-mode incompatibility

From: Brett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2025 17:19:31 +0200

Create a 3-line file named foobar.org containing exactly this:

* foo
** bar
baz

(So the first character of the file is *.)  Type

emacs -Q foobar.org

and type

M-x reveal-mode RET TAB M-g g 2 RET

which will activate reveal-mode, fold everything and go to the
beginning of the second line ("** bar").
Now the following is displayed:

* foo
** bar...

and the point is at the beginning of "** bar".

So far, everything is normal.

But now, pressing TAB does nothing, while it should unfold the second
heading.  In fact, moving around, folding/unfolding the first heading, etc,
will never fix the now broken TAB: from now on, if "** bar" is folded and
point is at the beginning of it, TAB will not unfold it (though C-e will).

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.18.2, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2025-04-08 built on 801fee700660491d8dc8419bf4a7391e