Subject: Re: [bug#78463] [PATCH 2/2] news: Add news entry for new 'guix refresh' partial version syntax.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2025 16:43:05 +0200

A good change (untested).

It is not appropriate to write XXX: in comments on your first
patch’s unit tests, as I understand the Wiktionary definition of XXX:

2. (computing) Used as a placeholder in source code to mark that some work
still has to be done.

Could you add this German translation?
Additionally, I surrounded the info command in @command{} markup in the
last line of the English news, too.

        (title
         (en "@samp{guix refresh} can now target partial versions")
         (de "@samp{guix refresh} kann jetzt unvollständige Versionen als Ziel
nehmen"))
        (body
         (en "While it had been possible for some time to use the
@option{--target-version} to update to a partially defined version, this can
now be more conveniently expressed via the package version specification
directly, by prefixing it with the tilde (@samp{~}) character:

@example
$ guix refresh bash=~5.2
gnu/packages/bash.scm:150:15: bash would be upgraded from 5.1.16 to 5.2.37
@end example

For more information, see @command{info \"(guix) Invoking guix refresh\"}.")
                  (de "Es war schon einige Zeit möglich, unter Angabe von
@option{--target-version} auf eine unvollständig definierte Version zu
aktualisieren; das lässt sich jetzt angenehmer ausdrücken, direkt in der
Paketversionsangabe, wenn Sie ihr das Tildezeichen (@samp{~}) voranstellen:

@example
$ guix refresh bash=~5.2
gnu/packages/bash.scm:150:15: bash würde von 5.1.16 auf 5.2.37 aktualisiert
@end example

Für mehr Informationen siehe @command{info \"(guix.de)Aufruf von guix
refresh\"}.")))

Regards,
Florian