Subject: bug#78458: 31.0.50; treesit.el: thing navigation functions work incorrectly with some Clojure nodes

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2025 09:49:32 +0300

close 78458 31.0.50
thanks

>>> Since the treesit grammar can't handle this case,
>>> you could try to use the default function by
>>>
>>>   (setq-local down-list-function nil)
>> Thank you! That is very helpful. I was able to use your patch with
>> small modifications to make it work for function literals and sets
>> (that have the same # marker node).  I'll try to discuss with the
>> author of the grammar possibility to modify it to have just one
>> 'open:' node instead of two.

One node instead of two would be nicer for such things as
show-paren-mode.  But probably it won't much of help for navigation.
For example, bash-ts-mode still requires the trick with 'sexp-default'
even when the bash grammar defines "$(" as a single node.

>> I think this bug can be closed now.

Ok, so closing now.

> One more question.  Will the trick with defining 'sexp-default' work in
> Emacs 30?  Or is it a new "thing" which is only available in master?

Alas, 'sexp-default' is available only in master.