Subject: Re: bug#78448: 30.1; mml: Produce Unobtrusive Signatures

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2025 13:15:43 +0300

> From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 15 May 2025 23:56:25 -0400
> 
> Package: emacs,gnus
> Version: 30.1
> 
> I'm running emacs 30.1 on debian.  When sending cleartext mail, i want
> to be able to produce an "Unobtrusive Signature" using OpenPGP as
> described in
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gallagher-email-unobtrusive-signatures/
> 
> Those kinds of signatures provide end-to-end cryptographic protection
> for headers (based on
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection/ )
> as well as the message body, and are less likely to inflict bad UX or
> bad rendering on recipients using legacy MUAs compared to PGP/MIME (or
> inline PGP, for that matter).
> 
> These three patches appear to do the trick for me.  I'm not an elisp
> guru or a gnus expert.  I'm happy to hear any feedback about how they
> could be improved.

Eric, any comments to the patch or to the issue?

In any case, Daniel, to accept a contribution this large, we will need
you to assign to the FSF the copyright for your Emacs-related changes.
If you agree to do that, I will send you the form to fill and the
instructions to go with it.

Thanks.