Subject: [bug#78430] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: screen: Fix multiple CVEs.

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2025 10:28:03 -0700

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Samstag, dem 17.05.2025 um 08:26 -0700 schrieb Ian Eure:
>> Hi Liliana,
>> 
>> Both patches look good to me, feel free to push.  I do note 
>> that 
>> Screen 5.0.1 is out and has all these fixes[1], so you might 
>> consider updating to that rather than backporting the fixes.
>> 
> Yeah, 5.0.1 is already in Guix.  I do think we should still 
> apply the
> configure flag though.  WDYT?

It looks like the default changed back to 0620 in 5.0.1[1], but 
explicitly specifying it as a safeguard seems like a cheap way to 
prevent the same issue recurring, so I’m for it.

  -- Ian

[1]: "CVE-2025-46803: apply safe PTY default mode of 0620" from 
https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?id=10771