Subject: [bug#78422] [PATCH electronics-team v3] gnu: Add python-apycula.

From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2025 11:48:31 +0200

>mer. 21 mai 2025 at 18:14, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> The problem now is that to generate the chipdb files we need gowin-eda.
>>> Since this would also enable running the test suite, I think gowin-eda
>>> should be packaged first and added to the native inputs here:
>>
>> Sorry, my bad. I assumed pickle files were acceptable for guix, while
>> clearly they are not.
>
> They may be!  Since they can be considered data files (thus
> non-funtional), the license terms per the GNU FSDG are relaxed: the
> license that applies to these may be non-free, and what matters is being
> able to redistribute these freely, without any restriction [0].  See the
> 'Non-functional Data' paragraph at [0].

This means a v4, including a ref to the issue you just open, might be accepted ?

Otherwise, we have the huge and public educational distribution of the
gowin ide [0] (the 784.12MB thing), but we’d rather avoid such an
horror; anyway it is unclear to me the license which applies here.

[0] https://www.gowinsemi.com.cn/faq.aspx