Subject: bug#78410: Patch for tiny improve cl wrapper script

From: Yang Kun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2025 16:52:11 +0800

> IFS=$' \t\n' is a bashism which is not supported in most other shells.
> The original code is portable.  This seems to have nothing to do with
> the rest of your change, so why change it at all?
Oops, sorry, I didn't noticed that.
>> If it's not useful then why did you take the time to propose the change?
>> Does anyone/anything actually use .dll.a files? Search engines have very
>> few, though not zero, results for me. --thanks, karl.
> I think libfoo.dll.a would be an import library (a detail of using
> shared libraries on Windows) created by a MinGW build environment.

Oh, I've just write it without a second thought. I just think also find 
.dll.a would be useful when the scripts finds
.a. However, I realised that find .a may useful for some rare cases but 
.dll.a not. For example, I'm trying to compile
libiconv now. The Makefile generates libicrt.a instead of icrt.lib 
(actually it is a static library generated by MSVC)
which used by iconv.exe but not install to system.

$ ls ./srclib/*.a
./srclib/libicrt.a

So I think my changes are bad.

Please just ignore it, I made some mistakes. Sorry for the bother.

Best Regards,

Yang Kun