Subject: 24.0.50; warning in lib-src/emacsclient.c:1235 in Mac OS X

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:16:20 +0100

Hello!

 From *compilation* buffer:

	..../lib-src/emacsclient.c: In function ‘set_local_socket’:
	..../lib-src/emacsclient.c:1235: warning: passing argument 2 of  
‘confstr’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
	Multiple include guards may be useful for:
	../src/s/darwin.h

 From the source:

  1222	    if (default_sock)
  1223	      {
  1224		tmpdir = egetenv ("TMPDIR");
  1225		if (!tmpdir)
  1226	          {
  1227	#ifdef DARWIN_OS
  1228	#ifndef _CS_DARWIN_USER_TEMP_DIR
  1229	#define _CS_DARWIN_USER_TEMP_DIR 65537
  1230	#endif
  1231	            size_t n = confstr (_CS_DARWIN_USER_TEMP_DIR, NULL,  
(size_t) 0);
  1232	            if (n > 0)
  1233	              {
  1234	                tmpdir = alloca (n);
  1235	                confstr (_CS_DARWIN_USER_TEMP_DIR, tmpdir, n);
  1236	              }
  1237	            else
  1238	#endif
  1239	              tmpdir = "/tmp";
  1240	          }

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
  of 2011-01-13 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version  
11.0.10903000
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '-- 
without-pop' '--without-gconf' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--x- 
libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/include' '--enable- 
locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/ 
Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common - 
mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -faltivec -fast' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include - 
idirafter /opt/local/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -Wl,- 
dead_strip_dylibs' 'CC=gcc-4.2' 'CPP=cpp-4.2' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/ 
local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/opt/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/X11/share/pkgconfig''

--
Greetings

   Pete

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue