Subject: Re: [bug#78360] [PATCH v2 1/7] gnu: Switch quazip to qt6.

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 17:54:06 +0200

Hello,

Am Mon, May 12, 2025 at 02:50:13PM +0200 schrieb Sergey Trofimov:
> * gnu/packages/compression.scm (quazip): Link with qt6.
> (quazip-5): Inherit from quazip overriding inputs to qt5.
> (quazip-0): Inherit from quazip-5 setting version to 0.9.1.

the problem with this patch is that it creates ambiguous specifications:
We now have two packages with name "quazip" and version "1.4", one of
them built with Qt5, the other one with Qt6. This creates problems on
the commandline.

I have locally renamed one of them to quazip-qt5 (in the name field).

>      (inputs
> -     (list qtbase-5 zlib))
> +     (inputs (list qtbase qt5compat zlib)))

This cannot possibly work, since we end up with "(inputs" nested twice.

I have corrected it locally.

I am trying to build the dependent packages, will push the first patch
in the series if this succeeds, and come back to you.

Andreas