Subject: Re: [bug#78360] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add quazip-qt6.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 16:53:35 +0900

Hi,

Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hello Sergey,
>>
>> thanks for the patch, it is always good to get rid of Qt5 dependencies!
>>
>> However, I am not convinced about the order of things:
>> Why add the "-qt6" suffix to the name, in particular since Qt6 should be
>> the standard now? I think it would be better to do things as with qtbase:
>> Keep the "name" field the same; rename the quazip variable to quazip-5; 
>> adapt the packages that currently have quazip as input to use quazip-5.
>>
>> I am cc-ing the qt team since they are more competent to give advice.

My opinion is that 'quazip' alone as both the variable name and package
name would be nicer, for the latest Qt 6 version.

Is quazip-0 still needed?  If not, it can be removed.  And then we can
introduce a quazip-5 variable.

Does that make sense?

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim