Subject: [bug#78360] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add quazip-qt6.

From: Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2025 15:52:12 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Sergey,
>
> thanks for the patch, it is always good to get rid of Qt5 dependencies!
>
> However, I am not convinced about the order of things:
> Why add the "-qt6" suffix to the name, in particular since Qt6 should be
> the standard now? I think it would be better to do things as with qtbase:
> Keep the "name" field the same; rename the quazip variable to quazip-5; 
> adapt the packages that currently have quazip as input to use quazip-5.
>
> I am cc-ing the qt team since they are more competent to give advice.
>

A couple reasons:
- there already is quazip-0 variable, quazip-6 or quazip-5 look odd
- having two packages under the same name and version leads to
ambiguity, i.e. `guix build [email-masked]` would build only one of these
- a couple other packages follow -qt6 naming scheme, I've followed these steps