Subject: [bug#78349] [PATCH hurd-team] Allow for a crossbuilt gnumach.

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2025 09:19:07 +0200

Hi,

> While building a childhurd for core-packages-team I noticed that
> gnumach is currently build with the i686-linux toolchain rather than
> the i586-pc-gnu cross toolchain with a comment that a cross-built mach
> has issues. As I wanted to avoid bootstrapping a second toolchain I
> tried a to cross-build one and found no issues.

Okay, that makes sense.  It also makes for the removal of a quirk, so
that's nice.

> I then tried this is also on master with both i586-pc-gnu and
> x86_64-pc-gnu and have not noticed something (yet?) that indicates
> that mach is broken, the system boots and I was able to talk to the
> guix-daemon.

Good.

> I marked the target as a [hurd-team] branch in case there is need for
> some more testing.

It works for me, so apparently a long standing cross build problem has
been fixed.

Pushed to master as 8f852885de485098812450711e81c1f446d3acb6

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com