Subject: Re: [bug#78308] [PATCH v3 10/10] news: Add news entry for etc-bashrc-d-service-type.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2025 14:11:40 +0200

This patch series I have not reviewed this time, but could you add this
German translation?

For clarity, I have replaced in the English news and German
> +configuration does not include the @code{%base-services}, you may want to add
by
“ configuration does not include the @code{%base-services} or
@code{%desktop-services}, you may want to add”

I still think command-line commands “See (info \"(guix) Service
Reference\")” should not be enclosed in mere parentheses in displayed
news.

If you follow Sergey Trofimov’s suggestion to replace
> +         (en "Two new Shepherd services,
by “(en "Two new services,” then please replace the German beginning
“(de "Zwei neue Shepherd-Dienste,” by “(de "Zwei neue Dienste,”.

        (title
         (en "New services for /etc/profile.d and /etc/bashrc.d")
         (de "Neue Dienste für /etc/profile.d und /etc/bashrc.d"))
        (body
         (en "Two new Shepherd services, @code{etc-profile-d-service-type} and
@code{etc-bashrc-d-service-type}, can now be used to configure and extend your
shell.  The services accept a list of file-like objects that must have the
@file{.sh} file name extension.  @code{etc-bashrc-d-service-type} is now used
instead of skeleton files to provision the Guix-provided Bash
aliases (@file{/etc/bashrc.d/aliases.sh}).  It is also used to configure the
@code{bash-completion} package, by provisioning
@file{/etc/bashrc.d/bash_completion.sh}.  If your @code{operating-system}
configuration does not include the @code{%base-services} or
@code{%desktop-services}, you may want to add
@code{(service etc-bashrc-d-service-type)} to your services, so Bash
completion will continue working for new users.  See (info \"(guix) Service
Reference\") for extra information and examples.")
         (de "Zwei neue Shepherd-Dienste, @code{etc-profile-d-service-type} und
@code{etc-bashrc-d-service-type}, können jetzt benutzt werden, um Ihre Shell zu
konfigurieren und zu erweitern.  Die Dienste nehmen eine Liste dateiartiger
Objekte entgegen, deren Dateinamen auf die Dateinamenserweiterung @file{.sh}
enden müssen.  @code{etc-bashrc-d-service-type} wird jetzt anstelle von
Skeleton-Dateien benutzt, um von Guix ausgelieferte Bash-Aliasse bereitzustellen
(@file{/etc/bashrc.d/aliases.sh}). Mit ihm wird auch das
@code{bash-completion}-Paket eingerichtet, indem
@file{/etc/bashrc.d/bash_completion.sh} bereitgestellt wird.  Wenn Ihre
Betriebssystemkonfiguration @code{%base-services} oder @code{%desktop-services}
nicht beinhaltet, möchten Sie vielleicht
@code{(service etc-bashrc-d-service-type)} in Ihre Dienstliste aufnehmen, damit
Bash-Komplettierung weiterhin für neue Benutzer Befehle vervollständigt.  Siehe
(info \"(guix.de) Service-Referenz\") für weitere Informationen und
Beispiele.")))

Regards,
Florian