Subject: Re: bug#78298: [PATCH] Scroll with mouse wheel in calendar

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2025 19:05:16 +0300

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 16 May 2025 15:59:10 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> +(defun calendar-scroll-left-year (arg &optional event)
> >> +  "Scroll the displayed calendar window left by 12*ARG months.
> >> +If ARG is negative the calendar is scrolled right.
> >
> > Bother: the first and the 2nd sentences contradict each other.  Are we
> > scrolling the window or the text shown in the window?  Their
> > directions are opposite.
> 
> No they do not contradict: a negative argument on scroll-left command
> will actually scroll right and vice versa.

We are mis-communicating, I think.  My point was that the first
sentence talks about scrolling the window, the second one about the
calendar (i.e. the text).  If you intentionally used different terms
and expected the readers to understand that saying the calendar is
scrolled left is the same as saying the window is scrolled right, then
that's not the best idea.  I suggest to talk about one or the other in
both cases.