Subject: Re: bug#78298: [PATCH] Scroll with mouse wheel in calendar

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2025 20:38:39 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I've checked: calendar-for/backward-year place the cursor on current the
>> day of month while the functions I introduce place it on the first day
>> of the month.
>>
>> For such a tiny difference, I think I should remove
>> calendar-scroll-right-year (and left) from this patch.  WDYT?
>
> I would prefer to keep the behavior consistent.
>
> Or was it not even consistent before your patch?  I see that <next> is
> bound to `calendar-scroll-left-three-months' and C-x ] to
> `calendar-forward-year'.  Your patch didn't touch these.  Did these
> already behave differently?

Yes, they behave differently.  AFAIU, for scrolling: while the date
under the cursor is visible, the cursor is placed there after the
scroll.  When the date is not visible anymore, the cursor is placed on
the first day of the month.

For forward/backward movements: it always place the cursor exactly one
month/year before or after.
-- 
Manuel Giraud