Subject: Re: bug#78298: [PATCH] Scroll with mouse wheel in calendar

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2025 14:04:37 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>> So after all, I think we should be using this "scroll framework" to
>>>> scroll years also.  Here is an updated patch that could be applied on
>>>> top of master.
>>>
>>> Does it work after selecting other window
>>> like in the test case discovered by Michael.
>>
>> Yes.  But when used inside the calendar buffer it does put the cursor on
>> the first of the month.
>
> Strange, when I scroll with M-wheel from the diary buffer window,
> it moves point completely outside the calendar to the beginning
> of the calendar buffer.  Maybe Michael could confirm this.

Hi,

Thanks.  I was able to reproduce this bug when the other window is the
diary.  I don't know what condition triggered this issue and it seems
difficult to get out of this afterward (whatever is the other window).
-- 
Manuel Giraud