Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Update openscad to 2025.05.02 and add manifold

From: nomike <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2025 07:20:52 +0200

This is an update for openscad.  The last official release was in 2021.01 and
the project is currently preparing the next one, but it's uncertain when this
will be out.

In the meantime users are encouraged to use nightly builds and the devs claim
they are stable and quite mature.

Thus I worked on upgrading the package to a recent commit.  Once the new
release is out, it should be easy to update the package definition.

I encountered a few bugs for which I opened tickets with the openscad
project.  I've put links to those in the comments.

The upstream project also bundles the library manifold via git submodules.  I
have extracted it into it's own project.

Someone from the project proposed a set of
[build-flags](https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/5880#issuecomment-2848904434)
which I ended up using.

I couldn't get most of the tests to succeed which is probably due to the lack
of a physical GPU inside the build container, so I disabled them.

I also updated the package description with the one they have in their readme.

nomike (2):
  gnu: Add manifold
  gnu: openscad: Upate to 2025.05.02

 gnu/packages/engineering.scm | 253 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 1 file changed, 155 insertions(+), 98 deletions(-)

-- 
2.49.0