Subject: Re: bug#78263: [PATCH 1/3] Ignore OSC sequences in term instead of printing them

From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2025 22:44:20 -0700

On 2025-06-04 11:04, Stéphane Zermatten wrote:
>> On 3 Jun 2025, at 14:09, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>>> From: Stéphane Zermatten <[email-masked]>
>>> Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2025 20:01:32 +0300
>>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>>> Per Bothner <[email-masked]>,
>>> [email-masked]
>>> 
>>> I updated the change, see the new version attached.

One additional comment -- why is term-osc-handlers a defcustom at all?  
It seems to me like a variable that is used just to implement the OSC 
handlers and not something I'd expect users to customize.  Looking at 
ansi-osc-handlers, it's just a defvar.  I can't think of a case where I 
would expect a user to add or remove a custom handler.  I do think users 
may want to enable or disable certain features, but that would affect 
multiple handlers like if a user wanted to not allow changing dynamic 
colors (OSC 10 to 19).  That seems better served with separate defcustom 
variables for each feature, like a term-allow-color-ops defcustom.

I'm otherwise ok with the patch.

   -- MJF