Subject: bug#7825: closed (Re: bug#7825: Cannot return from the debugger)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 02:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#7825: Cannot return from the debugger

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7825: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7825
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7825: Cannot return from the debugger
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 21:10:42 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I think you implemented this, didn't you? Ie, this can be closed.

Yes, indeed, thank you,

        Stefan

Subject: Cannot return from the debugger
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:32:00 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.0.50

The limitation that we "Cannot return from the debugger in an error",
is a bug: we should be able to continue (i.e. run the code of the
corresponding error handler), just as if the debugger had not been invoked.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-11-09 on faina
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O1 -I/usr/include/GNUstep' 'LDFLAGS=-L/home/monnier/src/Xaw3d' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/home/monnier/src/Xaw3d' '--enable-maintainer-mode''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  checkdoc-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> f C-a C-k C-y <return> 
M-< C-e C-a <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> C-e 
C-c @ C-a <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> 
M-d m e s s a g e <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<left> <left> <M-backspace> m e s s C-/ C-/ C-/ C-/ 
C-a C-M-u C-M-u C-M-u C-M-u C-M-u C-M-u C-M-u <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <left> <right> <up> <left> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> C-h f <return> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-2> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> c <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> M-x r 
e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Error during redisplay: (args-out-of-range 12341677 12387528)
Contacting host: bazaar.launchpad.net:80 [3 times]
Note: file is write protected
Entering debugger...
Mark set
Undo! [4 times]
Auto-saving...
Continuing.
Entering debugger...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-ftp hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-ftp
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-rmail
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-mhe
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gui hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gui
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-print hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-print
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-w3 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-w3
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-sc hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-sc
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-whois hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-whois
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-snarf hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-snarf
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-merge hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-merge
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-vm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-migrate hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-migrate
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gnus
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-hooks hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-hooks

Features:
(mail-extr emacsbug message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-cache url-dav xml
mail-utils url-http tls url url-proxy url-privacy url-history mailcap
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-cookie url-gw
url-expand url-methods url-util etags reftex-parse autorevert doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired format-spec bibtex-style bibtex reftex-vcr
reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars tex-mode shell latexenc cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
cal-french diary-lib diary-loaddefs mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs log-edit pcvs-util whitespace sort mpc skeleton smie
dabbrev modula2 parse-time autoconf autoconf-mode nroff-mode make-mode
conf-mode nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok sh-script completion hideif cpp cmacexp texinfo add-log
smerge-mode diff-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs pcase macroexp compile bzrmerge
cl-specs debug vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
multi-isearch executable copyright xscheme warnings trace testcover
scheme byte-opt unsafep re-builder shadow inf-lisp ielm pp comint ring
gmm-utils find-func elp edebug cust-print bytecomp byte-compile cus-edit
cus-start cus-load wid-edit vc-bzr sha1 hex-util filecache server
noutline outline easy-mmode flyspell ispell eldoc checkdoc regexp-opt
thingatpt help-mode easymenu view prog-mode electric url-handlers
url-parse auth-source netrc gnus-util url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr reveal
autoinsert uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload savehist
minibuf-eldef cl cl-loaddefs proof-site proof-autoloads pg-vars
bbdb-autoloads agda2 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
newcomment menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)