Subject: Re: [bug#78230] [PATCH] services: plasma-dbus-service: Fix kded not being started.

From: Sergio Pastor Pérez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2025 20:52:57 +0200

Sughosha <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > plasma-dbus-service should contain packages with dbus
>> > "system-services".
>> > Unless a package contains "share/dbus-1/system-services" directory,
>> > adding it
>> > here is unnecessary. "kded" is already present in the propagated
>> > inputs of
>> > "plasma" package. So as of my knowledge this commit is useless. Even
>> > before
>> > this commit, media keys handling, system tray and background service
>> > control
>> > through "kcmshell6 kcm_kded" is working for me (I have not yet
>> > reconfigured
>> > guix with this commit). You might have missed something else in your
>> > system
>> > profile. Did this commit made any difference to you?
>> 
>> Previously, when I used pipewire on guix home, I couldn't control the
>> sound using the keys on the keyboard. After this patch, it was possible.
>
> Ok. I got it. You can achive this without adding "kded" to "plasma-dbus-
> service". Only adding it to the propagated inputs of "plasma" package should 
> have been enough.

Oh, I didn't know, I saw the
'share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.kded6.service' file in the output of the
`kded' packaged an assumed it had to be added to `plasma-dbus-service'.

Thanks for the review!