Subject: bug#78205: [PATCH] Recenter for the calendar

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2025 02:58:02 +0200

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks.  I have copy this part from 'recenter-top-bottom'.  I'll try
> with memq.

Thanks.

> > What does "XXX" mean?
>
> It is kind of a warning/watchout for future readers.  I've seen it use
> in other places in the Emacs sources.

So if it only says "Look!  A comment!", and given that we remove any
unimportant comments, and also that everybody can see that there is a
comment, I don't think I see a use for this kind of marker.  The comment
you marked that way doesn't look like it would need this kind of eye
catching.  It is good to have that comment, but the comment is not that
exceptionally important compared to other comments.

Something else: I wonder (I hope this would not be too radical, but):
have you thought about making the mouse wheel scroll the months as well?
Scrolling with the wheel is not useful in the calendar buffer window
anyway (*1), and it would fit nicely with your C-l patch.

(*1) I sometimes use the mouse wheel because I got confused by the
different line numbers the generated calendar has, depending on the
number of weeks a month covers/touches.  But it doesn't seem to be the
case that scrolling every reveals something that was not visible before.
And that would be a bug anyway.

Michael.