Subject: Re: bug#78205: [PATCH] Recenter for the calendar

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 18:47:31 +0300

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 16:58:29 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I'd suggest to simplify:
> >
> >   The command @kbd{C-l} (@code{calendar-recenter-first-last}) scrolls
> >   the calendar on display so that the month of the date at point is
> >   centered horizontally.  Next invocation of this command puts that
> >   month on the leftmost position, and another invocation puts it on
> >   the rightmost position.  Subsequent invocations reuse the same order
> >   in a cyclical manner.
> 
> Neat.  Your english is better than mine ;-)

Years of practice ;-)

> But before I do this modification, do you think that the command
> name is still appropriate?

I think calendar-recenter is good enough.  (The reason for the
"-top-bottom" part of recenter-top-bottom is historical, because we
already had a primitive called "recenter".)