Subject: Re: QA review for 78199

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2025 22:59:23 -0700

On 2025-05-06, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Am Tue, May 06, 2025 at 01:21:05AM -0700 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian:
>> AAAAAAnd... upstream went and fixed it today, so now:
>>   $ guix lint --checkers=home-page lcrq librecast lcsync
>>   gnu/packages/networking.scm:313:15: [email-masked]: permanent redirect from https://www.librecast.net/lcrq.html to https://librecast.net/lcrq.html
>> :)
>
> Ah, we are going in circles - or spirals? ;-)

When I brought it to upstream's attention, they intended to fix it, so I
ignored the guix lint home-page issue on previous version, figuring
upstream would fix it, and this bug report triggered the impetus to
actually fix it upstream... reintroducing this guix lint issue for lcrq
(but notably fixing it for the other librecast project packages,
librecast and lcsync!).

This is where guix's weak maintainership model sometimes goes slightly
and mildly amiss, as I have a working relationship with upstream so knew
to put off "fixing" the guix lint issue. :)

I have pushed the fix to the fix as
01ca654387c64265b310f2887d884cd7ec7c4f0a.

No serious harm done, just a bit of minor comedy. :)

live well,
  vagrant