Subject: bug#78194: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2025 08:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#78194: `guix pull --list-generations' is extremely slow

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
78194: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=78194
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2025 10:49:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This has apparently been solved, see the last message; closing.

Andreas

Subject: `guix pull --list-generations' is extremely slow
From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 May 2025 08:35:21 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I’ve been frustrated by this before, but decided to measure 
things:

`guix home list-generations' takes 3.535s to list 28 items.
`guix system list-generations' takes 1.406s to list 35 items.
`guix pull --list-generations' takes 232.599s to list 41 items.

Why is `guix pull --list-generations' >100x slower than `guix 
system list-generations'?

Thanks,

  -- Ian